Please refer to our Current Services page for the latest information about our services and policies, including contact-free pickup and browsing by appointment.
How do I get a library card?
Where can I use my library card?
Can I access my account from home?
How long is the check out period and may I renew?
How do I renew my materials?
How do I place a hold on an item?
How much are fines?
Where can I return my materials?
Does the library accept book donations?
Does the library provide Internet access?
Does the library have a meeting room?
If the library does not own an item that I would like to borrow, can the library get it for me?
I do not know how to use the library catalog, can a librarian help me?
I am having trouble accessing an online database from home….can I call for help?
Do programs require advance registration? How do I register?
Which Museum Passes does the library offer and how do I borrow one?
What are the library’s hours?
How do I request a book purchase?
- At this time, we will issue library card numbers to Scotch Plains residents who apply with this form.
To check out books or other materials, a patron must have a card registered in the Scotch Plains Public Library system. Anyone who lives in or owns property in Scotch Plains is entitled to a free library card, which must be renewed every three years. Lost cards can be replaced in person at the circulation desk. There is a $1.00 replacement fee per card.
A non-resident who does not live in a reciprocal borrowing (MURAL) area and who works in Scotch Plains is entitled (with proof of employment) to a “Courtesy Card” at no charge for a period of one year, and this card may also be renewed as long as the cardholder maintains their employment in Scotch Plains.
A non-resident who wishes to purchase a one year membership at the Scotch Plains Public Library may do so. The 2019 fee is $90.00 per card.
- At this time, please contact other libraries to determine whether you may borrow as a non-resident.
Scotch Plains Public Library card holders are welcome to use their library cards at any Middlesex Union Reciprocal Associated Libraries.
Yes! You will need your library card number (located underneath the barcode on your library card) and the 4 digit PIN that is created when you registered for your library card. Then visit the library catalog and click LOG IN at the top right corner. If you have forgotten your PIN you will need to stop by the library with your library card and photo id for the staff to re-set your PIN. The staff cannot reveal your PIN or card number over the phone or email.
DVDs may be borrowed for 7 days. Periodicals, music CDs, new books, and summer reading materials may be borrowed for 14 days. Other materials will circulate for 28 days. All materials, with the exception of DVDs and Museum Passes, may be renewed for one 14 day period provided there are no HOLDS on the item(s). Please see our Circulation Policy for further information.
- At this time, you may renew online by logging into your account from the library catalog with your card number and PIN, or by calling us.
Using your library barcode number, items can be renewed via the telephone, online from any home computer, or in person.
- At this time, please view updated instructions on placing holds for contact-free pickup.
There are several ways to place a hold on an item. You may place the hold yourself via the online library catalog. This can be done either at home or in the library. You may also, of course, ask the staff to assist you in placing a hold while in the library. Please not that holds cannot be placed on DVDs or Museum Passes.
Fine rates are listed with our Circulation Policies. Fines on Museum Passes are $10.00 per day. Fines on DVDs are $1.00 per day. Fines on most other materials are $.10 per day.
- At this time, items must be returned to the bookdrop of their ‘home’ library. Fanwood Library items should be returned to the Fanwood location. Watch this short video for a demo of how to tell which library your book is from!
Most materials can be returned at either the Scotch Plains Public Library or the Fanwood Memorial Library. When the library is closed materials may be returned in the library book drop with the exception of Museum Passes.
- At this time, the Friends are not accepting any donations.
The Friends of the Library does accept book donations at certain times of the year in preparation for their annual book sale. Please call the library to determine if donations are currently being accepted.
- At this time, we have extended the hours for the free ScotLib network, which is accessible from our parking lot area between 6am and 8pm.
Yes, the library provides both public computers for in-house Internet access with access via library card and wireless Internet access via Wi-Fi. Please click here to read the library’s complete computer guidelines.
- At this time, we cannot provide meeting room services.
The library has a meeting room.
- At this time, we cannot provide interlibrary loan services. You may submit purchase requests for new books.
There are several ways for the library to obtain an item you wish to borrow:
- If it is a newly published item and you are a Scotch Plains resident cardholder, you can fill out a request for the library to purchase it. Forms are available at the Adult Service Desk. You can access the online purchase request form here.
- If a newly published item is owned by one of the libraries in MURAL, you can visit that library to borrow the item.
- If the item you seek is not new or owned by any of the libraries in our MURAL network and you are a Scotch Plains resident cardholder, you may complete an Inter-library Loan request. We will try to locate the item and arrange to have it shipped to SPPL. Inquire at the Adult Service Desk for further information.
- At this time, you may call the Library at 908-322-5007 for assistance, or submit your question with this form.
Stop by the Adult Service Desk any time for assistance with using the online library catalog.
- At this time, you may call for assistance, or request help through this form (please provide details about your issue).
You may call the Adult Service Desk for assistance with any of Scotch Plains Public Library’s databases. We are available for assistance during library hours. 908-322-5007 Ext. 204.
Due to limited space, many of our programs require advanced registration. If registration is required, it will be clearly stated in the program description. Simply follow the prompts to register. Remember, you will need your Scotch Plains or Fanwood Library barcode number to register.
- At this time, Museum Passes are not available to borrow.
For a full list of the Museum Passes and guidelines for borrowing them, please visit the Museum Pass page.
To view our daily hours of operation, please visit our About page located on the library’s main menu bar.
- At this time, the telescope is not available to borrow.
The Library’s telescope can be checked out by a SPPL resident card holder who is 18 years of age or older AND in good standing. The cardholder must present current I.D. and proof of address (i.e., a driver’s license or current utility bill) and sign a new Lending Policy and Agreement each time the Telescope is borrowed. To view our entire telescope policy, please visit the Telescope Policy.
- At this time, you may use this form to request the purchase of a newly-published or forthcoming book.
The Library’s telescope