How to Place a Hold for Contact-Free Pickup
Note: Select the library that owns the item as the pickup location:
Tips for browsing the library catalog
Looking for your next great book to read? We’re here to help!
Get recommendations in your In-box!
- NEW! Subscribe to our special e-mail newsletters where we’ll keep you up-to-date with our selections of new books!
- Fill out this short form about your reading interests, and we’ll suggest some books from our collection that we think you’ll enjoy!
Online tools for book suggestions
- Novelist Plus helps you discover books that are similar to ones that you have liked — both fiction and non-fiction. You can also search for books by combinations of theme, writing style, tone, and more. Start your search here, then log in with your library barcode number to access this resource:
- Booklist Reader is a digital magazine featuring book recommendations for readers and listeners of all ages. Booklist is a book-review magazine that has been published by the American Library Association for over 100 years.
- What Should I Read Next? – enter a book you like and the site will analyse a database of real readers’ favorite books to provide book recommendations and suggestions for what to read next. (No need to register.)
- WhichBook lets you search by mood and emotion, world setting, character and plot, and more.
What is everybody reading now?
See selections from our Bring Your Own Book Club.
We always enjoy hearing your thoughts about what you’ve been reading–feel free to submit a brief review. With permission we may choose to share it on our social media!
Booklists from Adult Services
These lists link to the LMxAC catalog. Books not available at the Scotch Plains Public Library can be delivered from area libraries by placing a “hold.”
Suggest a Purchase
Use this form to submit a request for the purchase of a newly-published book (print or electronic.)