Mango Languages offers instruction in 71 languages.
- English language learners can choose a course tailored for one of 21 native languages.
- Short specialized courses are offered for specific needs, such as Job Seeking in English.
Login with your library barcode number — first-time users can create an account using an email and password to store progress.
Rosetta Stone is provided by the NJ State Library and includes 30 different languages.
- Core lessons build reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills.
- Focused activities refine grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, and more
- The mobile app enables learning on the go. Please see these instructions for using the Rosetta Stone app.
Login with your Library barcode number. First time users — enter your e-mail address (as a username) and create a password to store progress.
The Great Courses
- Video courses in English grammar, French, Spanish, Ancient Greek and Latin.
- Downloadable (pdf) course materials included.
- See our guide to using Kanopy.
Start by creating your Kanopy account (provide your email and create your own password.) A confirmation email will be sent, and you will then enter your Scotch Plains library card number and PIN.
Kanopy ESL and Language Study Films
Kanopy Films includes ESL lessons, as well as numerous films on language preservation and linguistics.