Resources and news for you!
- National Book FestivalThe Library of Congress is celebrating the 20th annual National Book Festival this weekend, September 25-27, with a theme of Celebrating American Ingenuity. One of the most prominent literary events in the United States, it brings together thousands of readers for book talks, interviews, and book signings with authors for every age and genre. (The website also includes samples of highlights from previous festivals, including a conversation with Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg at last year’s festival.) This year the festival will be held virtually, instead of in its usual Washington DC location. Another new feature to the festival is a…
- No-Sew T-Shirt BagHave a huge collection of unwanted t-shirts that you’re not ready to part with? Check out this upcycle activity that you can do with your t-shirts using only a pair of scissors (and a marker) – 10 easy steps!
- Running ResourcesIt’s clear that more of us are out running these days! Whether you’re a long-time runner, or just getting started, running can bring tremendous physical and mental benefits. We’ve compiled some resources to help enrich and encourage your running journey. Safety First! NPR offers guidelines for keeping yourself and others safe while running during the pandemic. Runners World lists important general rules for running safely on the roads. The information provided by Scotch Plains Public Library and its employees does not imply medical recommendation, endorsement or approval. Information from these sources are intended for use as general information. All consumer…
- Relax and ColorOur Creativebug subscription has thousands of great tutorials to get your creative juices flowing. But sometimes the meditative power of some good old-fashioned coloring is just what you need to relax and regroup.
- Armchair TravelWe’ve compiled different ways for you to tour the world, right from the comfort of your home. Take online virtual tours, listen to travel books, and watch documentaries…with a little help from your local library.
- We Want To Hear From You!The Adult Services Department wants to make sure that we are providing programs and services that you can use, even without access to physical materials and space. We invite you to respond to our survey and let us know how we might best meet your needs during this time.
- Citizen ScienceWith just few minutes of your time, you can create valuable data for scientists! Find a fun Citizen Science project that you can get involved in right now!
- More Ways to Find Your Next Great ReadWe recently wrote about how you can find reading suggestions from the library’s book clubs. Here are some additional resources to inspire you.