Resources and news for you!
- Running ResourcesIt’s clear that more of us are out running these days! Whether you’re a long-time runner, or just getting started, running can bring tremendous physical and mental benefits. We’ve compiled some resources to help enrich and encourage your running journey. Safety First! NPR offers guidelines for keeping yourself and others safe while running during the pandemic. Runners World lists important general rules for running safely on the roads. The information provided by Scotch Plains Public Library and its employees does not imply medical recommendation, endorsement or approval. Information from these sources are intended for use as general information. All consumer…
- Relax and ColorOur Creativebug subscription has thousands of great tutorials to get your creative juices flowing. But sometimes the meditative power of some good old-fashioned coloring is just what you need to relax and regroup.
- Armchair TravelWe’ve compiled different ways for you to tour the world, right from the comfort of your home. Take online virtual tours, listen to travel books, and watch documentaries…with a little help from your local library.
- We Want To Hear From You!The Adult Services Department wants to make sure that we are providing programs and services that you can use, even without access to physical materials and space. We invite you to respond to our survey and let us know how we might best meet your needs during this time.
- Citizen ScienceWith just few minutes of your time, you can create valuable data for scientists! Find a fun Citizen Science project that you can get involved in right now!
- More Ways to Find Your Next Great ReadWe recently wrote about how you can find reading suggestions from the library’s book clubs. Here are some additional resources to inspire you.
- Reading Ideas from our Book ClubsLooking for reading suggestions? The library hosts several book clubs and their reading selections could provide you with YOUR next great read
- Virtual Live Music EventsAre you missing the feeling of connection that only live music events can provide? Musicians are now reaching out with live performances online!