Libby eBooks & eAudiobooks
Read or listen anywhere with the Libby app!
- Get started by downloading the Libby app.
- Select Scotch Plains as your library, then login with your library barcode number and PIN.
- You can then search, browse, borrow books or place holds. Once you’ve borrowed a title it will download and you can start reading or listening.
- Watch an introductory video for further help
On your computer?
- You can search for and borrow titles on the eLibraryNJ website–just click Sign In first. Once you’ve borrowed a book, it will be available to download in your app.
- You can also remain on your computer to read and listen online.
Do you use a dedicated Kindle eReader? (such as the Paperwhite or Oasis)
- You can send books from the eLibraryNJ to your Kindle eReader.
- These instructions are slightly outdated as they refer to the Overdrive app, but start at step 2 and follow the remaining instructions.
Do you use a Kindle Fire tablet?
- The Libby app is not available through the Amazon app store. There is a workaround that allows you to install it, if you wish. (Thanks to the Cheshire Public Library for these instructions.)
- You can also use the free Kindle app which is installed on the Fire.
- Borrow eBooks through the eLibraryNJ website, and where available choose the ‘Read with Kindle’ option.
- You’ll be directed to Amazon.com. Log in to your account.
- Make sure that the Deliver To information is set to your preferred device.
- Click Get Library Book and the title will be available in the Kindle app.
- This is only an option for eBooks, not eAudiobooks.
New–Magazines on Libby!
Help Using eBooks and eAudiobooks
ComicsPlus features comics, graphic novels, and manga series in many different categories. No waiting lists–all titles are always available!
Login with your library card number and PIN.
- Call us at 908-322-5007, x204, or contact us through our form.
- You can bring in your device and we will do our best to assist you with questions directly related to getting eBooks and eAudiobooks.