Get digital books with Libby, Hoopla, and ComicsPlus! (Libby and Hoopla also provide magazines, as well as music and video.)
Get the Libby app for eBooks, eAudiobooks, and eMagazines
First-time users: download and install the Libby app.
To sign in, follow these instructions:
- Answer ‘Yes’ to the first question.
- Click Search for a Library and type in Scotch .
- Select the option that says eLibrary NJ / Middlesex Automation Consortium
- Click Sign in With My Card
- Click 33 More
- Select Libraries of Middlesex Automation Consortium
- Enter your library card number and PIN and click Sign In
- Search, browse, borrow books or place holds. Once you’ve borrowed a title it will download and you can start reading or listening.
You can also watch
Access Libby (eLibraryNJ) on your computer, too!
- On the eLibraryNJ website you can search, place holds, and borrow titles–just click Sign In first and select Libraries of Middlesex Automation Consortium.
- Once you’ve borrowed a book, it will be available to read or listen online, and also to download in your app.
Using Libby with a Kindle eReader (such as the Paperwhite or Oasis)
You can read most books on your dedicated Kindle eReader!
Using Libby on a Kindle Fire tablet
Kindle Fire users can sideload Libby onto their device manually with an APK (Android Package file), since Amazon has not yet accepted our submission of the Libby app to the Amazon Appstore. Once the APK is installed, the Libby app will appear and function like any other app on your Fire tablet.
- View the steps to load Libby to a Fire tablet.
- You can also use the free Kindle app which is installed on the Fire. Borrow eBooks through the eLibraryNJ website, and where available choose Read with Kindle option.
How to Use Libby’s Features
|Topic||Help Article||Video Demo|
|Navigating the App||Read||Watch Video|
|Borrowing a title||Read||Watch Video|
|Changing your loan period||Read||Watch Video|
|Reading with Kindle||Read||Watch Video|
|Viewing your progress in a book||Read||Watch Video|
|Changing your reading settings||Read||Watch Video|
|Playing & viewing your progress in an audiobook||Read||Watch Video|
|Managing notifications||Read||Watch Video|
|Labeling the navigation bar||Read||Watch Video|
Get the Hoopla App: eBooks, eAudiobooks, & digital comics
Download the Hoopla app from: The App Store; Google Play; or the Amazon App Store.
- Select Scotch Plains Public Library
- Enter your library card number
- Enter your email address and create a password
Access Hoopla on a computer too
- Go to hoopladigital.com
- First-time Hoopla users: click Get Started and follow instructions to create a username and password.
- Previous Hoopla users: click Log In and enter your email and password.
- Search, place holds and borrow. Borrowed items will appear in your app as well.
- Scotch Plains Public Library provides you 5 Instant Borrows each month. These Instant Borrows will reset every month.
- Hoopla also offers BingePasses, which give you unlimited access to certain content (like magazines) with a single borrow!
- Out of Instant Borrows? Use the Heart icon to save a title for later!
ComicsPlus has comics, graphic novels and manga series!
- Comics Plus is available on your computer or by downloading and install ing the LibraryPass app for iOS or Android.
- No waiting lists–titles are always available!
- Login with your library card number and PIN.
- View the ComicsPlus FAQ.
- Call us at 908-322-5007, x204, or contact us through our form.
- You can bring in your device and we will do our best to assist you with questions directly related to getting eBooks and eAudiobooks.