The Library is located at 1927 Bartle Avenue, Scotch Plains, 07076. View us on a map and get directions.
Visiting the Library Now
- For community safety, masks are recommended.
- We do not currently have a copy machine, scanner or fax machine.
- A meeting room on our lower level is available for public use. The policies and application for use are available here.
- Please return books, DVDs and CDs to the outside book drop. This is a Smart Bin that will automatically check in most Scotch Plains items as they are dropped into the bin.
- Please be sure that all DVD and CD cases are securely closed; any cases that cannot be closed, or other damaged items, should be brought inside and given directly to library staff.
- Other items (such as tech devices and Health Literacy Kits) must be brought inside to return.
- We ask that you continue to return Fanwood items to the Fanwood Memorial Library.
- View our Services pages for information on computer use, printing, and more.
Contact-Free / Minimal Contact Options
- Requests for materials can be placed online via the library catalog or by phone: call 908-322-5007.
- To place a hold online, use your library card number and PIN (the last four digits of the phone number you provided to us.)
- You will be notified by email or by phone when your items are ready and you can call the library to schedule a pickup day and time.
- Your items will be available for pickup on a table near the library’s front entrance.
Home Delivery Service
- In partnership with the Scotch Plains Department of Parks and Recreation, the Library offers a weekly service to deliver and return materials to and from the Library.
- This program is available for Scotch Plains residents who are 55 and over or living with a disability.
- All participants must first register with the SP Recreation Department by calling 908-322-6700 x223.
- Delivery can include books (regular and large print), DVDs, and audiobooks. Registered participants can call the Library to request materials or to apply for a library card.
- Deliveries and returns are scheduled for Wednesdays.
- PrinterOn is a service that allows you to upload a document, or forward an email, which can then be released from the Library’s printer without using our public computers, minimizing your time inside.
- Scotch Plains resident cardholders ages 18 and up may borrow Chromebooks and mobile hotspots. These must be borrowed at returned at the Adult Services desk.
- Uses include accessing the Library’s digital resources and conducting telehealth appointments, including COVID-19 testing offered through the State of New Jersey.