The Reading Program:
Set your own reading goal and we’ll give you drawing entries for making progress towards it!
- Register using the form at the bottom of this page.
- We’ll send you an email with instructions about how to track your reading time – you can use the Readsquared website or app (both free!) or a printable paper log. (You can print the log of your choice at the bottom of this page or pick up a copy at the library.)
- For every 25% of your reading goal that you reach, you’ll receive one drawing entry. If you meet your goal and keep reading, you’ll continue to earn drawing entries for each extra 25% of your goal that you read.
- All reading time must be entered by midnight on Monday, August 23. The timeline for prize drawings is as follows:
- Monday, 8/23 at midnight: All reading time must be submitted via Readsquared or via photos of paper reading logs emailed to [email protected] No additional reading time will be counted after this point.
- Tuesday, 8/24: All readers will be sent instructions for submitting their prize drawing entries.
- Friday, 8/27 at 9:00am: Prize drawings close and no more entries will be accepted. Winners will be drawn and notified. Winners have one week to pick up their prizes at the library.
- Friday, 9/3: New winners will be drawn for any unclaimed prizes.
Prize drawing details will be announced soon; in the meantime, here are clues about the theme of each…
To register for the reading program and get started on your goal, fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
We have lots of outdoor and virtual events planned for the summer – see the full schedule below! To register for any of them, visit our events page. (Please note: not all events are open for registration yet.)
Download the calendar as a PDF below:
You can also connect with other local teens and Mrs. Rachael (the teen librarian) through our social media accounts. Don’t forget to sign up for the semi-weekly teen newsletter, too.
Register for the reading program:
Fill out the form below to participate in the reading program! Once you submit the completed form we’ll email you in 1-2 business days with the next steps.
Printable reading logs:
If you prefer not to use Readsquared, print one of these reading logs out and use it to keep track of your reading time! (Printed copies of these logs are also available for pickup at the library.) There are full-page and bookmark-sized options. When you’ve reached 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100% of your goal, just email us a picture of your log(s). Make sure you send us a photo of your final reading log(s) by midnight on 8/23/21.