Do you love to read? We do too. Come join the Chapter Chat Book Club and have some fun in a club run by teens, for teens. We hope that you will join us, fellow book nerds! Details and a registration form below!
Our next meeting will be Saturday, 3/6, at 3:30! Register below to receive the Zoom link. This month’s book is Lovely War by Julie Berry!
– For Scotch Plains/Fanwood residents or students in grades 8-12.
– Genre will change from month to month; members choose the book each month.
– Each member will be responsible for obtaining a copy of the book on their own, but the library will make as many copies available as it can for club members to borrow.
– We will meet once a month on a Saturday at 3:30.
– All meetings will be held virtually until we are able to hold in-person meetings at the library.
– The last 15 minutes of each meeting will be dedicated to picking the genre of the club’s next book and taking some time for everyone to search for their next book submission.
Book Selection Process:
– At each meeting the club will randomly pick a genre (Wheel of Genres).
– Each member will then suggest a book in that genre.
– After two days all recommendations will be voted on and the new book will be announced!
– We will be using the library’s Discord teen server to communicate the winning books, reminders for upcoming meetings, and any other important information, with members. To get the link to the server email Ms. Rachael, the teen librarian.
– If you have any questions, email the teen librarian, who will forward your question to the club’s teen leadership.
– We will also update club information on this page, so bookmark it!
We may be discussing difficult topics, as they come up in the books we read. We will do our best to offer content warnings for each book we consider. If you’re not comfortable discussing any of the topics in a chosen book, there is NO pressure to come to that particular meeting or take part in that discussion. If you do attend, please be prepared to talk about these subjects in a respectful way. The founders of Chapter Chat will come prepared with educational resources to lead discussions on difficult topics.