If you don’t find what you’re looking for in the Library Catalog, and you are a Scotch Plains resident cardholder, you may:
- Suggest it for purchase if it’s new (published or released within the last six months) — or if you want it in ebook or e-audiobook format—
- Visit a MURAL library to borrow it in person if it’s available (your quickest option)–or
- Request that we borrow it from another library for you through our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services.
Just review these points before you make an ILL request:
- Items are typically received within two weeks, but they can take longer to arrive. There is no way to guarantee that an item will arrive by a certain date.
- Items will be due two weeks from checkout; they will be eligible for a one week automatic renewal. No renewals will be possible at the end of the three week period. DVDs will be due one week from checkout, with no renewals.
- Overdue fines of $1 per day will be charged for any overdue ILL items, to a maximum of $20 per item.
- You may have up to five active requests at any time, including items already received and checked out.
- We do our best to fill your requests, but please realize that some items cannot be obtained from other libraries.