Your Scotch Plains Library card gives you free access to:
- eBooks and eAudiobooks from two sources, RBDigital and eLibraryNJ (“Libby”).
- Digital magazines from Flipster.
- The Star Ledger online.
See below for descriptions of each resource—and feel free to contact us for help!
eBooks & eAudiobooks
- RBDigital offers a rotating collection of eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Different titles are available depending on whether you are a Scotch Plains or a Fanwood cardholder.
- For Kindle e-readers, see eLibraryNJ for options.
New! RBdigital Unlimited Audio–A wide selection of audiobooks now available 24/7:
Getting started (first time users) with RBDigital
- There are two ways to create your RBDigital account
- You need to provide your email, and your library barcode number and PIN.
- You will create your own username and password.
- Detailed instructions for account creation are available from RBDigital.
Getting eBooks and eAudiobooks on RBDigital
- You can search for and check out books either from the website or the app. The app is required for offline access to eBooks and eAudiobooks. (It is possible to download titles to a PC or a laptop – this requires that you download Adobe Digital Editions and create an Adobe ID.)
- Login to your account with your email (or the username you created) and password.
- Click the menu bars (upper-left corner) and select BOOKS, then EBOOKS or AUDIOBOOKS.
- Click the magnifying glass to search for books by title, author, genre, and more, or swipe to browse titles.
- Click on a title for a summary of the book.
- To borrow, click Checkout or Hold (you will be notified by email when a title on hold is available).
- For eBooks, click READ. The book will download and be ready for reading.
- for eAudiobooks, click PLAY. The audio will be downloaded and can be played through device speakers or bluetooth.
- Your checked-out items will return automatically. To return early, click the ‘X’ in the upper-right corner.
For help with setting up your account or using the app, contact us with this form.
For technical problems, you can contact RBDigital support at 1-877-772-8346 (between 7:30am and 6:30pm, Monday-Friday), or [email protected]
eLibraryNJ / Libby
- eLibraryNJ s a downloadable eBook and eAudiobook collection provided by libraries in central NJ, offering thousands of popular fiction and non-fiction titles. It is accessed through their website and through the Libby and OverDrive apps.
- To use eLibraryNJ, you will need your library barcode and PIN.
- From the eLibraryNJ website, you can search, borrow and read online, but you will need an app to download books.
- For on-the-go access on your device, download either the Libby app or the Overdrive app. Libby is more user-friendly, but Overdrive works fine and is the only option on some devices.
- eLibraryNJ includes Kindle-compatible titles that may be sent to a dedicated Kindle e-reader.
Help from eLibraryNJ
- Getting started with eBooks
- Getting started with eAudiobooks
- Getting started with Kindle books
- Troubleshooting – (you can also visit or contact us for help)
- Flipster lets you access a wide variety of magazines, either online with a browser, or offline with the Flipster app.
- View the list of available magazines.
- Sign in to Flipster with your library barcode number to view online.
- For offline use, download the app for iOS devices, Android devices, or Kindle Fire devices.
- See Flipster’s FAQs, or contact us for help.
The Star Ledger Online
- Read a full-color digital image of the daily paper or search the text archives back to 1989. Login with your Library barcode number.