Your Scotch Plains Library card gives you free access to:
- eBooks and eAudiobooks – available from two sources, RBDigital and eLibraryNJ.
- Digital comic books – available from RBDigital
- Digital magazines – available from Flipster.
Descriptions of each resource follows—feel free to contact us for help!
RBDigital offers a rotating collection of eBooks and eAudiobooks, and a collection of digital comic books.
- Different titles are available depending on whether you are a Scotch Plains or Fanwood cardholder.
- For Kindle e-readers, see eLibraryNJ for options.
- RBDigital can be accessed online from the Scotch Plains RBDigital website as well as through the RBDigital app:
- The app is required for offline access to eBooks and eAudiobooks.
- From your computer, you can create an account, search for and check out ebooks and eAudiobooks, and stream video resources.
Geting started (first time users) with RBDigital
- There are two ways to create your RBDigital account
- You need to provide your email, and your library barcode number and PIN.
- You will create your own username and password.
- Detailed instructions for account creation are available from RBDigital.
Using eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Login to your account with your email (or the username you created) and password.
- Click the menu bars (upper-left corner) and select BOOKS, then EBOOKS or AUDIOBOOKS.
- Click the magnifying glass to search for books by title, author, genre, and more, or swipe to browse titles.
- Click on a title for a summary of the book.
- To borrow, click Checkout or Hold (you will be notified by email when a title on hold is available).
- For eBooks, click READ. The book will download and be ready for reading.
- for eAudiobooks, click PLAY. The audio will be downloaded and can be played through device speakers or bluetooth.
- Your checked-out items will return automatically. To return early, click the ‘X’ in the upper-right corner.
- Click the menu bars and select COMICS
- Click Checkout to read – no waiting for a title!
For help with setting up your account or using the app, visit the Reference Desk, or call us at 908-322-5007, x204.
For technical problems, you can contact RBDigital support at 1-877-8346 (between 7:30am and 6:30pm, Monday-Friday), or [email protected]
eLibraryNJ s a downloadable eBook and eAudiobook collection provided by libraries in central NJ, offering thousands of popular fiction and non-fiction titles.
- To use eLibraryNJ (also referred to as OverDrive), you will need your library barcode and PIN.
- From the eLibraryNJ website, you can search, borrow and read online, but you will need an app to download books.
- For on-the-go access on your device, download either the Libby app or the Overdrive app. Libby is more user-friendly, but Overdrive works fine and is the only option on some devices.
- eLibraryNJ includes Kindle-compatible titles that may be sent to a dedicated Kindle e-reader.
Help from eLibraryNJ
- Getting started with eBooks
- Getting started with eAudiobooks
- Getting started with Kindle books
- Troubleshooting – (you can also visit or contact us for help)
- Flipster lets you access a wide variety of magazines, either online with a browser, or offline with the Flipster app.
- View the list of available magazines.