The Library is not currently offering proctoring services.
The Scotch Plains Public Library professional staff will offer to proctor student exams under the following guidelines:
- Proctoring of exams is limited to Scotch Plains resident cardholders in good standing.
- To arrange to have an exam proctored, the student should come to the library to arrange date and time for exams, and to complete any preliminary paperwork. Arrangements must be made at least one week in advance.
- It is the student’s responsibility to verify that the proctoring conditions provided by Scotch Plains Public Library meet any requirements of the school administering the test. The library reserves the right to cancel a proctored exam if the school’s requirements cannot be met.
- The library will not be able to provide a computer for online tests.
- A librarian will proctor the exam, which must be completed in the adult section of the library during open library hours. The library is a public space, and the student cannot expect a distraction-free environment. The library cannot provide a designated quiet area for test-taking.
- The librarian cannot monitor the student continuously, but will check on the student periodically.
- The student must show ID before taking the exam.
- The student should provide postage for mailing the examination, but the library will mail the exam within twenty-four hours of the actual test.
- The student is responsible for providing supplies such as pencils, paper, or calculators, which are not provided by the school administering the test.
- All examinations should be mailed to the Scotch Plains Public Library, Attn: Adult Services Department, 1927 Bartle Avenue, Scotch Plains, NJ 07076.