The Library building is closed to the public until further notice, but we are still here to serve you!
- Access online books, learning resources, movies, music and more at any time with your library card number.
- Get help from librarians (Monday through Friday) with any questions, including assistance with accessing our resources.
Please be aware of the following changes in effect while our building remains closed:
- We will not charge any overdue fees for items due during the time that we are closed.
- Please disregard any notices you may receive about items being due soon or overdue. Our system may continue to automatically send these notices for some time.
- Please do not place holds on any print books at this time. Consider checking our e-book and e-audiobook resources which include many popular titles.
- Borrowed items should be kept until we re-open. The book drop is closed.
Important information about library cards:
- If your card expires during the closure (or was previously expired) and you need to renew it, please ask us for a temporary renewal with this form. Remember, your PIN should be the last 4 digits of your phone number.
- If you are a Scotch Plains resident but do not have a card, you may apply online for a temporary card that will give you access to our digital resources.
Need a wi-fi connection?
- We have extended the hours for the free ScotLib network, which is accessible from our parking lot area between 6am and 8pm.
- Staff will be available between 9am and 5pm, Monday through Friday, to respond to questions submitted through this form.
- All questions are welcome!
- Ask for troubleshooting help with our online resources
- Request suggestions on the right resources for you now, from online books and audiobooks to online learning resources
- Ask any general information questions
- Youth Services Support:
- Please use this form for book recommendations, help finding resources, and assistance using our online resources for children and teens.
Explore our Online Resources!
You’ll need your library barcode number and PIN. (The default PIN is the last four digits of your phone number.
- If your card expires during the closure (or was previously expired) and you need to renew it, please ask us for a temporary renewal with this form.
- If you are a resident without a card, you may apply for a temporary card number with this form.
If you experience difficulties with any of these resources, please use our form to contact us.