Visiting the Library
The Township is now requiring masks inside all Township buildings, including the Library, for vaccinated and unvaccinated people.
Township officials have continued to monitor COVID-19 trends including the new Delta variant that now accounts for 90% of new cases. Union County has been designated as an “Area of HIGH Transmission” and the spikes are expected to continue through October as people return from vacations and attend indoor gatherings.
- Appointments are not needed to visit the Library.
- Contact-free pickup services are still available by request.
- Our new Smart Bin will automatically check in most Scotch Plains items as they are dropped into the bin.
- Please be sure that all DVD and CD cases are securely closed; any cases that cannot be closed, or other damaged items, should be brought inside and given directly to library staff.
- We ask that you continue to return Fanwood items to the Fanwood Memorial Library.
- Seating is limited at this time. Visits may be limited to one hour if capacity limits are reached.
- We do not currently have a copy machine or scanner.
- All returns must be placed in the outside book drop.
Computer Use by Appointment
The Library currently has five public computers (arranged for social distancing) available for use by Scotch Plains and Fanwood resident cardholders. Please schedule an appointment for your computer session.
The following procedures are in effect:
- Computer are for use by appointment only. Sessions begin on the hour.
- Sessions are limited to 30 minutes per cardholder, per day (even if no others are waiting).
- Only single parties will be admitted in for computer use–accompanying children cannot be accommodated.
- To maintain social distancing, librarians will provide assistance from their own computers using remote desktop software.
- No scanner is available.
- You must bring your library card (or a copy of the full card number) in order to use a computer.
- Our standard computer use policies are in effect.
To make an appointment, use the online booking system or call the Library at 908-322-5007, x204.
If you have booked a computer session, you may print during your scheduled session.
You may also use our remote printing service to send a print job, and then visit the Library to release the job from the printer.
For all printing, please note the following:
- Printing charges are 15 cents for each black and white page, and 40 cents for each color page.
- The print kiosk accepts $1 and $5 bills. The Library will not make change for larger bills.
Contact-Free Pickup Services
The Library will continue to place items outside for pickup on request.
Please review the following procedures:
- Requests for materials can be placed online via the library catalog or by phone: call 908-322-5007.
- To place a hold online, use your library card number and PIN (the last four digits of the phone number you provided to us.)
- You will be notified by email or by phone when your items are ready and you can call the library to schedule a pickup day and time.
- Your items will be available for pickup on a table near the library’s front entrance.
New: Technology Lending Services
The Library is now lending Chromebooks and mobile hotspots to resident cardholders.
For questions about our current services, you may call the Library at 908-322-5007, x204, or submit your question through this form.