- This event has passed.
VIRTUAL | Fledgling Foodies – Vegan-Friendly Cake Edition!
Friday, November 6 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Learn to bake a quick, delicious, vegan-friendly chocolate cake! For grades 6-12.
This program will run about 1 1/2 hours, longer than our usual programs (even quick cakes take time). If you’d like, bring some of your favorite recipes or cookbooks (or any books) to share while the cakes are in the oven!
Here is a list of the ingredients and supplies we recommend. If you can’t find any of these items, just email the teen librarian to talk about substitutions that might work!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp oil (olive, coconut, avocado, or canola is fine) or butter or vegan butter, plus a little more for greasing the pan
- 1 1/2 cups water or coffee
- 1 tablespoon white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp corn syrup (optional)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Mixing bowl and spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
- A pan for baking – you can use a 9″ round pan, an 8″ square, a 9″ square, or, if you want to be really fancy, an 8″ heart-shaped pan (I think a 9″ round is best if you have it!)
- Small bowl for microwaving
To register, please fill out the form below:
Registration for this program is now closed. 🙁
Check our events calendar to see upcoming teen events for which you can still register! Hope to see you soon.