- This event has passed.
VIRTUAL | Fledgling Foodies: Melted Chocolate Edition
Friday, August 14 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Have you cooked or baked (or just eaten!) anything good lately? Share your favorite new dish/recipe/food blog/cookbook with other teen foodies and learn a new recipe or technique with Mrs. Rachael!
For this meeting, we’ll be making two easy, delicious, chocolatey, no-bake desserts!
- 2 cups chocolate chips or bar for melting – milk, dark, or even white chocolate is fine, and it can be dairy-free if you prefer!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter – or the nut/seed butter of your choice
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or vegan butter spread, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers (you can substitute oreo or other cookie crumbs)
- About 1/4 cup whole milk or applesauce
- 1/3 cup mini or regular chocolate chips
- Optional: sprinkles, edible glitter, flake sea salt, finely chopped nuts, or other decorative, edible, sprinkle-able things
- Glass bowl for melting chocolate in microwave
- If you don’t have a microwave: a double-boiler, or a saucepan that the glass bowl can rest on safely
- Mixing bowl and wooden spoon
- Ice cream scoop or large spoon
- Muffin tin
- Cupcake liners
- Cookie sheet
- Wax or parchment paper
Grades 6-12. To receive the Zoom link for the event, please register below.