- This event has passed.
VIRTUAL | Fledgling Foodies
Friday, July 31 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Have you cooked or baked (or just eaten!) anything good lately? Share your favorite new dish/recipe/food blog/cookbook with other teen foodies and learn a new recipe or technique with Mrs. Rachael!
At this meeting, we’ll be making a no-bake dessert – here’s what you’ll need:
- Oreos (or the dry, easily-crumbled cookie of your choice) – about 15
- Fresh raspberries or strawberries – about 1.5 cups
- Whipping cream, heavy cream, or coconut cream (not coconut milk) – 8 ounces, chilled
- Powdered sugar – 3 tbsp
- Nutella or the chocolate-hazelnut spread, fudge sauce, or chocolate syrup of your choice – 2 tbsp
- Hand-held or standing electric mixer (chill the whisks in the refrigerator for at least one hour before the program)
- If you don’t have an electric mixer, you can substitute strong arm muscles and a tall container with at least a 4-cup capacity and a tightly-sealing lid.
- Two mixing bowls, chilled for at least one hour before the program
- Three small glasses, jars, or glass bowls for serving
- A large ziploc bag
- Rolling pin
Grades 6-12. To receive the Zoom link for the event, please register below.