The Library now offers Browse, Borrow & Go hours by appointment for Scotch Plains and Fanwood library card holders. Patrons may browse the Library collections in order to select items to check out.
Contact-free pickup services will continue to be offered and remain the safest way to obtain your items.
In order to meet safety requirements, building capacity will be limited and patrons will be required to register for scheduled 30-minute time slots.
The following services will be unavailable:
- the copy machine
- tables, chairs, and and study areas
- newspapers and on-site magazine use
Safety Requirements for Visitors
- Masks or face coverings which fully cover the mouth and nose must be worn for admittance into the Library and must be kept on at all times while on the premises.
- Social distancing must be practiced on premises, with patrons remaining at least 6 feet apart from each other and from staff.
- Access to any part of the building other than the adult, young adult, and youth services areas is not permitted.
- Patrons are not allowed to bring in food or drink.
- Patrons under the age of 12 years must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- You may not visit if you or any family member have COVID-19 symptoms
When You Visit the Library
- Bring your library card with you.
- Please arrive at the library no more than 5 minutes before your time slot. Maintain social distancing with others who may be waiting.
- You may enter the Library when a staff member has checked the list of scheduled visitors for your name.
- You may arrive at any time within your time slot but you must leave the library at the end of your scheduled session.
- Please sanitize your hands before entering the library—hand sanitizer will be available.
- You must use the self-service kiosk to check out your items. Staff will be on hand to assist if needed.
- You must leave at the end of your scheduled time slot.
Scheduling Your Library Visit
- Online appointments must be made at least one day in advance.
- If you need a same-day appointment, please call 908-322-5007, x204.
- Patrons may register for one visit of up to 30 minutes per day.
- Choose the number of “tickets” you need from the dropdown selection — one for each person in your group, including children.
- A group can include up to 5 people.
- Restrooms will not be available, so please plan accordingly.
- Visits are for browsing and borrowing only: computers, seating and study areas, copying equipment, and newspapers will not be available.
If you don’t have an email address and would like to schedule a visit, please call 908-322-5007, x204.