Each month, registered participants choose and prepare recipes from the selected cookbook. We then gather together on a Thursday evening to share a potluck meal and discuss the cookbook. Registration is required. We continue to meet virtually during the COVID-19 pandemic.
VIRTUAL October 15 at 7:30 pm: To celebrate fall, we invite you to try out a new soup recipe. Please prepare the dish and then join us via Zoom to discuss the recipe results. Registration is required.
March–August: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Cookbook Club members have been meeting virtually. We created a Pinterest board to share some of the recipes we’ve tried and discussed during these meetings.
- September: Baking with Yeast: To practice (or show off) our newly-acquired quarantine baking skills, we made recipes using yeast-based dough.
- August: Salads: To celebrate the abundance of summer, we selected salad recipes from the library’s cookbook collection or online resources and discussed the recipe results.
- July: Foodie Fiction: We each read a novel with recipes and prepared the associated dish. We discussed the books as well as the recipe results.
- June: Flipster: We found new recipes to try using our Flipster Magazine subscription and shared the results.
- May: Frittata: We experimented with different types of frittata recipes and shared what worked well and what did not.
- April: Try Something New: We searched online for new recipes to try and discussed the results.
- March: Pantry Favorites: We shared what tried and true pantry recipes we were turning to during the early days of the Stay at Home orders.
February: One Pan & Done: Hassle-free Meals from the Oven to Your Table by Molly Gilbert
December: Wintersweet: Seasonal Desserts to Warm the Home by Tammy Donroe Inman
November: Trisha’s Table: My Feel-Good Favorites for a Balanced Life by Trisha Yearwood
October: Life is a Party: Deliciously Doable Recipes to make Every Day a Celebration by David Burtka
September: For our kick-off Cookbook Club event, participants shared some of their favorite go-to recipes.