Each month, registered participants choose and prepare recipes from the selected cookbook. We then gather together on a Thursday evening to share a potluck meal and discuss the cookbook. Registration is required. We continue to meet virtually during the COVID-19 pandemic.
VIRTUAL May 13 at 7:30 pm: Make-ahead meals, big batch and freeze cooking, or other meal prep methods may make it easier to provide yourself with home-cooked meals on a regular basis. Take the stress out of getting meals on the table on your busiest days by trying a meal prep recipe this month, then join us on Zoom to discuss the results. Preregistration is required.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Cookbook Club members have been meeting virtually. We created a Pinterest board to share some of the recipes we’ve tried and discussed during these meetings.
Past Monthly Themes
- April: Vegetables: We tried recipes that focused on vegetables as the main ingredients.
- March: The Barefoot Contessa: We tried a variety of Ina Garten’s recipes.
- February: Food Gurus: Together we participated in a live virtual cooking demonstration with the Food Gurus.
- January: Cookie Marbling: We gathered virtually to marble cookies together using a tutorial from the library’s Creativebug subscription.
- December: Cocktails and Appetizers: In preparation for our stay-at-home New Year’s celebrations, we experimented with cocktail and appetizer recipes and discussed the results in a virtual cocktail hour.
- November: Holiday Celebrations: We tried new recipes and revisited some old family ones to bring something special to our holiday celebrations this year.
- October: Soup: To celebrate Fall, we tried new soup recipes.
- September: Baking with Yeast: To practice (or show off) our newly-acquired quarantine baking skills, we made recipes using yeast-based dough.
- August: Salads: To celebrate the abundance of summer, we selected salad recipes from the library’s cookbook collection or online resources and discussed the recipe results.
- July: Foodie Fiction: We each read a novel with recipes and prepared the associated dish. We discussed the books as well as the recipe results.
- June: Flipster: We found new recipes to try using our Flipster Magazine subscription and shared the results.
- May: Frittata: We experimented with different types of frittata recipes and shared what worked well and what did not.
- April: Try Something New: We searched online for new recipes to try and discussed the results.
- March: Pantry Favorites: We shared what tried and true pantry recipes we were turning to during the early days of the Stay at Home orders.
Pre-COVID Cookbook Selections
February: One Pan & Done: Hassle-free Meals from the Oven to Your Table by Molly Gilbert
December: Wintersweet: Seasonal Desserts to Warm the Home by Tammy Donroe Inman
November: Trisha’s Table: My Feel-Good Favorites for a Balanced Life by Trisha Yearwood
October: Life is a Party: Deliciously Doable Recipes to make Every Day a Celebration by David Burtka
September: For our kick-off Cookbook Club event, participants shared some of their favorite go-to recipes.