The Library will soon be offering popular free streaming video services from RBDigital and Kanopy Here’s a look at what’s coming to entertain, educate and enlighten you! Watch for upcoming information on starting dates and access procedures.
Kanopy is a streaming site where you can watch over 30,000 films, including:
- Classic and contemporary films from around the world, including The Criterion Collection (films of Federico Fellini, Francois Truffaut, Jim Jarmusch, Agnes Varda and many more.)
- Documentaries on virtually every topic imaginable – from PBS and independent filmmakers
- The Great Courses, offering in-depth learning experiences in science, history, culinary arts, literature and more.
Users can access Kanopy through a variety of devices and platforms, including Roku, Apple TV, iOS and Android, as well as computers. Wi-Fi access is necessary to view movies, which are available to stream but not to download.
RBDigital’s Acorn TV
You know RBDigital as our provider of great e-books and e-audiobooks—but they also offer a number of streaming video services. Coming soon, the Library will be offering RBDigital’s Acorn TV—“the best in British TV and film.” It features:
- Thousands of hours of world-class mysteries, dramas and comedies.
- 80+ exclusive shows, including A Place to Call Home, The Brokenwood Mysteries, Agatha Christie’s Partners in Crime and more.
- Latest seasons of favorites such as Doc Martin, Midsomer Murders, and Murdoch Mysteries.
- Acorn TV originals including Loch Ness, Striking Out, Agatha Raisin and more.
Watch through RBDigital mobile apps, or online in your browser.
Look for upcoming information soon on more video offerings from RBDigital!