Lending Policy for Health Literacy Tote Bags
- All Health Literacy Kits must be checked out by an adult Scotch Plains resident cardholder at the Reference Desk.
- Only one kit is permitted per cardholder at a time.
- All kits are checked out for two weeks with no renewals. Overdue fees are $5 per day past the due date.
- Holds may be placed on the kits, and picked up at the Reference Desk when the kit is available for checkout.
- We reserve the right to inspect the kits in front of the patron before and/or after checkout.
- All Books, CDs, and/or DVDs provided in the kits are to be returned to the Library in the tote bag. The patron is invited to keep the envelope of pamphlets and brochures if they choose.
Health Literacy Kits are provided by Overlook Hospital and the Atlantic Health System.
Subjects include: Caregiver Health, Mental Health, Heart Health, Prediabetes, Alzheimer’s Disease, Healthy Weight, Bereavement & Grief, Strength Improvement, and Opioid & Substance Abuse.