Upcoming Friends Meetings (Mondays at 7:30pm):
- February 26
- March 19
- April 16
- May 14
2018 Friends Book Sale
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
This year’s book sale will take place in March, but there will be a few changes to how we’ve done it in the past. We will not begin accepting donations until March. We will need plenty of volunteers to help sort through donated materials in that short amount of time. Please click here to sign up for a volunteer slot, for setup and for the book sale itself.
BOOK SALE DONATIONS
We will accept donations of clean, salable books, DVDs, and CDs. We cannot accept cassettes, encyclopedias, textbooks, outdated manuals, or items that are dirty or damaged. Donations can be brought to the Library Saturday, March 3 through Friday, March 16. We ask that donations NOT be brought on Saturday, March 10 due to the Library’s participation in NJ Makers Day.
BOOK SALE DATES
- Saturday, March 17, 9am-4pm
- Sunday, March 18, 12pm-3pm
- Member Preview: Wednesday, March 21, 4pm-8pm
- Open to Public: Thursday, March 22, 9am-8pm
- Half-Price Sale: Friday, March 23, 9am-4pm
- Bag Sale: Saturday, March 24, 9am-3pm
Investors Bank Care2Share
Do you bank at Investors Bank? Investors Care2Share program will make a donation to the Friends on behalf of enrolled account holders. There’s no cost to you, and enrollment is easy and private. Thank you for your support!
PRESIDENT – Joe Quarto
VICE-PRESIDENT – Vacant
TREASURER – Joyce Andreoli
SECRETARY – Alayna Rosenblum
Friends Email Address
If you have any questions about Friends membership, volunteering , etc., email [email protected].
- Volume 154, February 2018
- Volume 153, January 2018
- Volume 152, December 2017
- Volume 151, November 2017
- Volume 150, October 2017
The Friends of the Scotch Plains Public Library is open to all interested adults and youth, and membership is accepted throughout the year.
Applications for membership can be found on our brochure HERE, or hard copy can be obtained at the Circulation Desk of the Library. Contributions are tax-deductible. And remember to check with your employer for matching funds. Checks should be made payable to “Friends of the Scotch Plains Public Library.”
After processing, membership cards will be available at the Circulation Desk. Friends can also use this card to get FIVE free DVD rentals at SPPL and a 10% discount at the Town Book Store in Westfield.
Who Are the Friends?
The Friends of the Scotch Plains Public Library is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization of concerned citizens dedicated to…
- supporting the library’s various activities and services
- promoting the use of the library with projects such as children’s summer programs, shut-in reader service, adopt-a-shelf, and special adult programs
- fund-raising efforts including an annual book sale and audio-visual sale
For more information, please see our brochure!
Recent Friends Accomplishments…
- Museum Pass program
- Construction of outside book drop
- Summer children’s programs
- Compact Disk music collection and display racks
- Acoustical ceiling panels for the meeting room
- Audio/visual aids and tables for the meeting room
- Adult programs