- This event has passed.
College Application Preparation
September 14 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Lisa Bleich of College Bound Mentor will present What to Expect When You’re Applying, to help high school students and their families prepare for the college application process.
Learn how to focus on your strengths and minimize stress and excessive time spent on the process. This interactive workshop will walk you through an activity and strengths assessment, and you will leave with a concrete action plan for how to maximize your remaining high school career. Topics will also include:
• A college timeline by grade
• How your activities reflect your strengths
• SATs, ACTs, APs, IBs, and SAT Subject tests: what’s the difference and when should you take them?
• How to use your summers to your advantage
• How best to position yourself for the right college in terms of classes, activities, testing, summer, etc.
• Parent vs. student expectations and how to get on the same page
Advanced registration is recommended for this program. Click here to register.